Saturday, December 3, 2011

10 Piece Deluxe Brush Collection by Kirkland: Review


Costco released this set a few months ago. I feel like I’ve tried them long enough to do a decent review. There are 6 face brushes, 4 eye brushes and a brush roll.
Most of them are made of natural hair and the bristles are very soft. I really like the handles because they are purple and feel quite sturdy. I’ve washed them several times, and haven’t had any problems with shedding except the first wash which is normal for new brushes.

The powder brush is huge, almost like a kabuki brush, and it grabs power very well. I like to set my liquid foundation with mineral powder, and it works perfect for that.
The finishing brush is bigger than regular dual-fiber brushes as well. I think it is the best to apply HD powder.
I don’t really use the foundation/concealer brush to put on foundations since it is so tiny and it takes forever to cover my whole face. However, I find it work amazingly for detail concealing around nose and etc.
My favorite is the cheek brush, a flat kabuki. It is definitely a multi-purpose brush and good for foundations, bronzers and even blushes.  
The eye brushes are of great quality also, but I am confused with the angled eye brush because I haven’t really figured out how to use it.

Lastly, the fan brush is very nice for highlighting due to its shape and it picks up both powder and cream products really well. However, I don't like this kind of brushes that much because I don't know how to store them properly.
I believe the whole set costs less than $30, so it is absolutely a steal considering the quality.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...